Thursday, March 1, 2012

Untitled Project with Monolithic Papyrus Sheets

A few weeks ago I bought a couple of papyrus sheets at a local art store. In a previous post, I had explained that as a general rule, the darker the papyrus, the more authentic it is. So I bought two of the darkest sheets there. The one on the right is actually the smaller of the two. I like its texture the best. It almost looks like bark. Has a funny smell too. Not exactly pleasant, but a natural smell nonetheless.

The other sheet (below) is much longer. This will be used for a longer project and possibly linked with other, similar sheets. I will not be using this one yet.

I'm not ready to reveal what my next project will be, but I'll give you a hint: I will be using a brush, after the manner of the original practitioners of this writing form.

Any guesses? Feel free to comment below.



2 comments: